Jackdaws At Dusk

Jackdaws At Dusk

Wednesday 10 March 2010

Beginning the Painting

I started one of the paintings today for the animal project. I'm very happy with the colours and feeling of space and freedom it gives. I did the very first layer of colour in the car last night in the car park that I initially sketched in but I only had a twenty minute window of time to do it in before my daughter came out of her swimming lesson. The weather conditions were very similar to the first occasion so that's why I wanted to go back there.
I had another problem at the time because the mount board that I'd stuck the canvas to was so big that I could barely work with it - I couldn't prop it on my lap as I thought initially so I ended up sitting to one side of it and trying to lean across it. I'll be continuing the work in the studio and will probably change to oils to add thickness on top of the acrylics.

No comments:

Post a Comment