Jackdaws At Dusk

Jackdaws At Dusk

Thursday 18 March 2010

Finished Jackdaw Painting













This is the final image for the Jackdaw painting. It's half an A1 sheet - chopped in half length wise. I've very pleased with the light, spcae, scale and the sense of movement. I'm going to add more branches to the trees next to the sun but right now because the paint there is so thick it still hasn't dried. The sun, when I did the sketch, was so bright that the branches near it were all hazy, so I want to get that across. I ended up working from my sketches for the landscape itself but for the birds I worked from photo's - it was impossible for me to sketch enough different poses for the birds to make it interesting - I love the birds that are dive bombing and the two in the front which are on the verge of changing direction by swooping underneath.


No comments:

Post a Comment