Jackdaws At Dusk

Jackdaws At Dusk

Saturday 6 March 2010

starlings roosting on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJz3UCIj474

This link shows footage of Starlings flocking on Brighton Pier and they do the real wave shapes that i was writing about previously - the shapes here are what i was thinking of doing for the cube idea I had where each different side of the cube shows a different shape of the morphing ball, but I could do both versions of the painting; a flat one with the Jackdaws flocking and a cube one with the Starlings; mind you I've only got a vague idea about how to make the cube - it involves hard board and lots of glue!

Looking at the project description in detail last night i realised that it asks for two paintings, if we have the time, and that one is of a still animal and the other is a moving animal. The Jackdaws fulfil the moving aspect but I'll have to think more on the still animal - I have started sketching my pet cats so I might follow that lead.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing video, they take time to roost bit like little kids! Haven't seen lost but still enjoyed it. I like the sound of your project pretty ambitious stuff. Are you assessing your work though? Seems a shame if it works brilliantly that you can't send it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sheila, the cube thing is my plan B, I'm going to do a flat painting too! I've told my tutor about it so I'll see what she says. If I send it off for assessment I'll probably send it in a shoe box, I'm thinking of just doing like a prototype size first, but showing how it could work larger I suppose too. cheers for your comments.

    ReplyDelete