Jackdaws At Dusk

Jackdaws At Dusk

Wednesday 12 May 2010

The Final Painting of Figures in an Interior






This is now the final painting with all the major compositional aspects added. I might alter one or two things, such as the strip of white light behind the two figures which needs to be brighter. Plus there needs to be a bit more detail which I'd like to add to the folded piece of paper on the table, which was made out of lined paper, so I wanted to add very faint lines to show this. Plus the left hands figures left arm still needs altering.

The extra details of shading on the right hand figure adds to a greater feel of three dimensionality to the painting. I'm very happy with the level of detail and realism I've been able to achieve in this painting, the most realistic one I've done so far. I wanted this painting to show that I really could paint and draw, with good observational skills, and I feel I've achieved that. I have to thank the book "Art and Illusion" by EH Gombrich for helping me to interpret what I see and how to translate that to the canvas or paper, by understanding visual language. I've only just started the book and it's taught me so much, so I look forward to more information it can give me with my painting work, both realistic and expressive.

I'll do a full write up on "What I have achieved" for my logbook, but for now I'm happy that it's finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment